Post 291 Rules
Post Facilities, Bar and Patio Policy
- Post 1000 members with less than on (1) year of membership are welcome.
- Post 1000 members with more than one (1) year of membership must be signed in by a Post 291 member. All Post 1000 members are expected to affiliate with a California American Legion Post after one (1) year.
- Guest sign in Policy:
- Legion members may sign in up to five (5) guests.
- Auxiliary and Sons may sign up to three (3) guests.
- The guest number may be added together for couples that each possesses a membership card, not to exceed eight (8) guests.
- Minors under eighteen (18) years of age are prohibited from sitting or standing at the bar and bar area.
- Minors under twelve (12) years of age are not permitted on the dance floor while dancing is in progress.
- Post Officers, Bar/Restaurant Staff, and Security reserve the right to refuse service and/or request removal from the premises any patron who appears intoxicated, fails to act in a responsible orderly manner, inappropriate behavior, poses a safety risk to others, or inappropriately attired. Refusal to leave the premises when requested by authorized Post personnel can result in being escorted off the premises, suspension of Post privileges, or other disciplinary actions to include arrest by law enforcement and filing of criminal charges.
- Removal of open containers of alcoholic beverages from the Post is prohibited.
Beach and Patio Policy
- No Lifeguard on duty.
- Walking or climbing on seawall is prohibited.
- No swimming in channel.
- No fishing from any Post facilities.
- Members and guests must be dressed appropriately to include shoes and shirts in all areas of Post facilities, including Bar and Patio.
- Bathing suits (wet or dry) and bare feet are prohibited. Appropriate bathing suit cover-ups are acceptable.
- The transport of sand or seawater into the building, patio or parking lot is prohibited.
- No food or drinks on the beach area in front of the Post patio.
- Beach patrons are required to keep the beach area clean and free of litter and toys must be cleaned up after each use and put away.
- BBQ grills are only for use of adult members who purchase food from the Post kitchen.
- No food or drinks may be brought onto the Post. Children under the age of eighteen (18) are prohibited from use of grills.
- Post 291 is a smoke free facility inside and outside.
- Smoking of any materials is only authorized in the parking lot twenty-five (25) feet away from the Big Top Patio fence. This includes E-Cigarettes and Vapor producing devices.
- Dogs (except documented service dogs) are prohibited from all areas of the facility except the parking lot. Any dogs that are not well mannered, including continuous barking, must be removed from the premises. California Penal Code 365.7 PC covers service dog fraud and can be described as knowingly and fraudulently representing oneself, either verbally or in writing, to be the owner of a “Guide Dog” or “Service Dog”.
- Children under the age of eighteen (18) must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Members are excluded from private events unless invited.
- Guest sign in Policy:
- Legion members may sign in up to five (5) persons
- Auxiliary and Sons may sign up to three (3) persons
- The guest number may be added together for couples that each possesses a membership card, not to exceed eight (8) persons.
- Removing Post property of equipment from the facility is prohibited without the prior permission of the Post Commander or his designee.
- Post 291 members, SAL and Auxiliary must sign all guest into the guest log.
- ALL guests must be properly escorted onto the Post and accompany the member representative at all times.
- Members are one-hundred percent (100%) responsible and liable for their guest’s behavior. If a Post member leaves the Post property for any reason, their guests must also leave the property.
- Any Officer of the Post, bartender, or security personnel has the authority to remove a member or guest from the facility for inappropriate behavior, dress or intoxication. Refusal to leave the premises when requested by authorized Post personnel can result in being escorted off the premises, suspension of privileges, or other disciplinary action up to and including an arrest by law enforcement filing of criminal charges.
ENJOY SUMMER DAYS AT POST 291
For the enjoyment and safety of members and guests,
please follow our basics rules while at Post 291
- Bicycles park outside parking lot in park bike racks
- No bicycle riding in parking lot
- Dogs in parking lot must be on a leash
On the Patios
- Entering Post from beach to patio you may be required to show Post membership card
- Appropriate beach cover ups over swim suits required
- No smoking
- No wet bathing suits
- Rinse sand from your feet before entering
- No bare feet
- No running
On the Beach
- No lifeguard present, parents are responsible for children in the water or on the beach
- No alcohol can be taken to from Post to beach or consumed on the beach
- No dogs
- No fishing
- No smoking
- Stay off sea wall fence and sea wall
- The pier next to the beach is City Property please stay off
- Swimming directly in front of the beach is permitted, do no swim in Marina channel
- Use caution when swimming, the marina channel has in and out boat traffic
Marina Dock and Marina Channel
- The marina is for the exclusive use of the slip leases
- No fishing in the Marina or off the marina dock
- Kayakers, paddle boarders, inflatables, duffy boats and swimmers stay out of the Marina channel
- Guest dock is open Friday, Saturday and Sunday, visiting boats are to tie up on west side of dock
- No visiting boats are permitted to tie up in red loading area under crane.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Post 291 Policy
The only animals allowed on the Post during hours of operation are Service Dogs, as define by the Department of Justice (DoJ).
- Are trained to do work or perform tasks that benefit an individual with a disability
- Are always on a a leash or under the immediate control of the handler
- Stay off furniture
- Do no mark (relieve themselves) in public places
- Do not growl, bite, snarl or bark
- Are clean from fleas, ticks and worms
- Therapy/Emotional Support/Comfort Animals are NOT considered service animals under DoJ or American Disabilities Act (ADA) Guidelines
Officers of the Post, Officer of the Day, or Security Staff can ask you specific questions related to your service animal.
Please understand this is for the protection an safety of ALL members, guests, and employees of the Post.
If you bring a non-service animal into the Post, you will be asked to leave the premises.
California Penal Code 365.7 PC covers service dog fraud and can be described as knowingly and fraudulently representing oneself (either verbally or in writing) to be the owner of a “guide dog”, “signal dog” or “service dog.”
Service dog fraud is a misdemeanor in California, and the potential penalties include summary probation, up to six months in county jail and/or a fine of up to $1,000.
Thank you for your cooperation.
This Post has implemented ZERO TOLERANCE policies towards ANY FORM OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT
or MARIJUANA USAGE while
on these premises.
Violators will be escorted out by Security or Post Officer.